This post has been sponsored by Torani. All opinions expressed are my own.
This cool delicious blend of dark roast coffee and espresso is given an Irish makeover with Torani Syrup Irish Cream and (lots) of chocolate. This Mocha Frappé is made for indulging. Let’s get started.
There’s an old Irish blessing that goes, “may you have all the happiness and luck that life can hold and at the end of your rainbow may you find a pot of gold.”
I’ve always regarded St. Patrick’s Day as a romantic holiday contrary to its Western repute. If you find yourself researching the origins of the holiday, you’ll soon get swept up in the whimsy of Irish culture- from its picturesque views, poetic blessings, and enchanting mythology.
To celebrate, I was inspired to create a cold blended drink with Torani’s Irish Cream Syrup which offers a smooth and creamy finish with hints of sweet vanilla. Instantly I knew I wanted to blend it with espresso and chocolate- lots of chocolate.
To start, I brewed a robust dark roast coffee and stirred in the Irish Cream syrup then chilled it in ice trays. From there, I blended the frozen java cubes with melted chocolate, espresso, and milk until thick and frothy.
To serve, I dipped each serving glass in melted chocolate beforehand. To top it all off, I finished with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and shavings of more chocolate.
The final result was something cold yet refreshing, rich and indulgent. Dare I say, it’s a frappé with an Irish brogue? It just blends together beautifully.
Upon serving the drink settles into three layers. The bottom being that milky coffee, the middle being a frothy coco, and the top being the cream.
Torani uses simple ingredients like pure cane sugar & natural flavors in their syrups which is why I always go to them when it comes to elevating my favorite drinks. Furthermore, their ever-expanding array of flavors and blends offers a unique twist to so many favorites- not just drinks but dessert and other recipes too. You can browse and purchase Torani Syrups online at torani.com.
For today’s drink, I also added the Irish Cream syrup to the freshly whipped cream for just an extra hint of flavor. I’ll also shamelessly admit, it’s delicious over waffles or pancakes if you’re planning on a St. Patrick’s Day brunch.
Naturally of course, it’s perfect in just a simple cup of coffee too. The best part is that it’s non-alcoholic, so everyone can enjoy the flavor of Irish Cream!
Cold Irish Cream Mocha Frappé
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Inactive Prep Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 Mocha Frappés 1x
- Category: Drink
- Brew 28 ounces dark roast coffee and leave to cool to room temp.
- Stir in Torani Irish Cream Syrup and divide equally between ice trays. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a blender, combine the 1 tray of coffee cubes, ¼ cup melted chocolate, whole milk, and espresso. Blend until incorporated and frothy.
- Garnish your desired serving glasses by dipping the rim of each glass in melted chocolate. Let set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the whipped cream by whipping the heavy cream with a tablespoon of Torani Irish Cream Syrup. Set aside.
- Divide the Mocha Frappé between the prepared glasses, top with whipped cream, and shavings of chocolate if desired. Serve & Enjoy!
Keywords: mocha, mocha frappé, coffee, Irish Cream, Torani, drink, beverage