This light egg white cake is cloaked in whipped frosting and coconut flakes. White as snow against fresh pink roses, this cake will enchant your guests this holiday season.
This month the Bundt Bakers are preparing for the holidays by baking up their best representation of naughty and nice.
What a wonderful collection of recipes we have for you this holiday season. If you're in the mood to splurge and be a little naughty there are plenty of cakes to choose from, but if you're looking for something nice, this airy, light bundt is for you then!
It's made with only egg whites, some butter and sugar, and just a pinch of vanilla. Very light, quite simple, but oh so wonderful. I finished it off with whipped frosting then sprinkled some sweetened coconut on top.
I was inspired this month by the old classic story of the Christmas Rose that I used to read to my children.
Immediately I knew I wanted this cake to be a representation of what Christmas is truly about - spreading love and good cheer, and celebrating the Lord.
I am humbled and blessed by this passing year, and I have much to celebrate, particularly the kindness of people who have gone out of their way to surprise me with their unexpected acts of generosity.
As the story of the Christmas Rose goes, there was a little shepherd girl named Madelon who tended to her sheep one cold and wintry night. Wise Men and shepherds passed by Madelon's snow-covered field bearing gifts for the Christ Child. Madelon watched as the Magi presented their gold, myrrh and frankincense to the baby, even humble shepherds had brought fruits, honey and doves to the babe, but Madelon had nothing to offer the Newborn King.
Standing outside the stable where Jesus had been born, Madelon wept in despair, wishing she had a gift she could carry to the infant. Then suddenly, a watching angel who had heard the tears of the young girl, caused the snow at her feet to vanish, thus revealing the most beautiful white flower whose petals were tipped with pink. The rose had been formed by the Angel from the tears which had fallen from the eyes of the little shepherdess. Overjoyed, Madelon presented her gift at the manger of the baby Jesus- her gift of the Christmas Rose.
I do believe in angels and in the Magic of Christmas. They are around me all year, though at Christmas, they make themselves known.
My heart is filled with a renewed spirit and a thank you to the angels in my life.
This cake is in their honor. For the kindness that has left me speechless; I offer them this Christmas Rose cake.
Enjoy with Love,
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
- Amaretto Almond Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Angel Food Bundt Cake with Cranberry Filling and Lemon Glaze by Taking On Magazines
- Anise Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Bundtcake Especiado by La mejor manera de hacer...
- Candy Cane Bundt by Cali's Cuisine
- Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
- Christmas Fruitcake by Tea and Scones
- Christmas Rose Bundt Cake by Living the Gourmet
- Cranberry Spice Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Pound Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundts with Cream Cheese Frosting by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Hot Buttered Rum Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Maple Pecan Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Naughty and Nice Kahlua Gingerbread Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Old Fashioned Marble Cake Bundt by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Peppermint Candy Cane Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Spiced Fruitcake by Magnolia Days
- Spiced Ginger Bundt Cake with Caramel Brandy Sauce by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Spiced Rum Eggnog Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice Cake by Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Super Naughty Chocolate Whiskey Bacon Jam Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite A Whiskered Accomplice