Crumbled feta; roasted jalapeno; sprinkled spices on top; these are not your average corn muffins- they are better, and loaded with one delicious surprise after another!
Zucchini corn muffins are always a treat; however add roasted jalapeño and feta cheese and it is even better.
I like to use up everything before I go to the market. I had one jalapeño and two zucchini left on hand. Homemade muffins are always comforting, especially in the winter.
Living the Gourmet
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup saltine crackers – crumbled
- 1 roasted jalapeño – chopped with or without seeds
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk plus 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Butter for sprinkling on top of each muffin
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the saltine crackers, cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar and mix together.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, milk, feta and jalapeño; gently mix all together.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while stirring.
- Prepare the muffin tins by buttering each tin and the top of the muffin pan or use muffin cups.
- Fill each cup 3/4 of the way then top each muffing with a sprinkle of the mixed seasonings.
- Finish each muffin off with a little pat of butter.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool a bit before trying to remove from the tin.
Enjoy with Love,