There is nothing more comforting than a plate of meatballs and sauce. Tossed with spaghetti or served with just some crusty bread, this is the perfect meal to sit down to!
It was one of those nights, where I found myself caught deciding between hamburgers and meatballs. Well, I ultimately chose to make meatballs and a quick, simple sauce. I enjoyed this simple version and so did the family.
Its a meal perfect for any occasion!
Yields 4 servings
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped fine
- ¼ cup fresh basil – chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl and mix. Form the mixture into desired sized meatballs.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a ¼ inch of canola oil.
- Add the meatballs; but do not overcrowd the pan. Cook until a nice golden color forms on the meatballs and then turn to continue cooking on all sides. When the meatball becomes firm it is cooked. The less firm the less cooked it will be.
- Serve with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, cut fresh basil and red sauce if desired.
Enjoy with Love,