This rich, decadent cake, topped with the season’s freshest peaches, is surprising simple to whip up and sure to wow!
If there is one thing everyone can agree on, it’s cheesecake.
It is an irresistible dessert that is suitable for almost any occasion.
This may be one of my favorite cheesecakes made thus far. It’s texture is velvety and smooth, and who can deny fruit toppings?
Note however, if you do not have any peaches on hand, the topping can be made with berries or even pineapple.Print
Cheesecake with Fresh Peach Topping
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
Simple Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel, pit and slice peaches. Toss the peached into a bowl with brown sugar and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, process graham crackers and butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press to the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan (if you do not have a spring foam pan) and blind bake for about 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, wrap the cake pan in aluminum foil and place into a pan. Fill the pan with water until the water reaches halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Without cleaning out the food processor, combine all ingredients for the cheesecake filling. Process until the mixture is light and creamy. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 40-45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven, then carefully remove the cake dish from the pan. Remove the foil and transfer to a wire rack, allowing it to cool completely.
- Top with fresh peaches. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 8
Tammy & Catherine