A simple dish of fresh flavors will bring a smile to your table.
Easy Fresh Tomato Sauce with Macaroni
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- ½ jalapeño – diced with seeds
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 – 4 vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the jalapeño, onion, garlic, parsley and tomatoes. Sauté until the onion is softened and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the butter and the chicken broth and continue to cook on a gentle heat.
- Prepare the macaroni as directed and lift, draining as you do, into the tomato sauce.
- Garnish is with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh grated cheese, fresh black pepper and a nice crusty loaf of bread.