It’s been a long quest…countless recipes, dozens of cookies baked, but alas, I finally have a cookie that is as soft and chewy and delicious as Entenmann’s- I kid you not, these cookies are just that good.So good in fact that they have made me a sinner, and have taken away any and all shred of humility I once had. I’ve broken part of my Lenten for these.
Were they worth it? Lord forgive me, but they were worth every chewy, chocolatey blissful moment.
They only lasted a day, if that, but they stayed just as soft as the moment they came out of the oven. Even the chocolate chips stayed soft. These will literally melt in your mouth.Print
Soft Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your mix master, blend sugars and eggs.
- Add vanilla, oil, margarine, and salt. Beat until a thick batter forms.
- Add flour one 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop about a teaspoon amount of cookie dough and flatten slightly onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until just the edges are slightly golden.
- Transfer immediately to a wire cooling rack.