This wonderful book filled with flavorful and gift-able desserts can be yours, so be sure to enter our giveaway for your chance to win a copy of Vegan Desserts in Jars!!!
**I was given this product for review. I was not financially compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Lemon Blueberry Scone Domes
These lovely little scones have a bright citrus taste and mild sweetness that’s perfect paired with a cup of tea.
Kris Holechek Peters suggests that since lemons and blueberries are very summery, in the winter try mixing it up by replacing the lemon with orange and the blueberries with chocolate chip.
Either way, I guarantee you’re going to love these! I added a tablespoon of brown sugar to this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold non-dairy margarine
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease six 4-ounce canning jars (or ramekins if you don’t have 4-ounce jars on hand). Place the jars on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender or the back of a fork, bled the cold margarine until it resembles a coarse meal. IN a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk, then add the liquid to the dry meal and mix until just combined. Add blueberries and gently combine.
- Fill each canning jar under the rim. Bake for 17-23 minutes or until the scones are risen and golden. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 525
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 969
- Fat: 20
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 15
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 79
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0
Enjoy with Love,
a Rafflecopter giveaway