This BBQ Mac n’ Cheese is full of flavor and spice. It’s a perfect meal for weeknights or weekends!
Here is an easy meal that is both comforting and satisfying.
I lightened up the base with a blend of cottage cheese and milk, then kicked it up with spices and half a jalapeno. So go ahead and treat yourself to seconds!
Yields 6 Servings
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ jalapeño
- ½ cup Italian parsley
- 1¼ cup milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion – diced
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2-3 tbs. butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded or your favorite
- ¼ cup Italian style breadcrumbs or homemade breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
- Prepare the macaroni as directed.
- Combine in a food processor the cottage cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, ketchup, brown sugar, jalapeño, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- Heat a frying pan with butter and sauté the onions until softened and transparent.
- Heat another frying pan with a pat of butter; add the bread crumbs; toss and brown a bit.
- Preheat Oven 325 degrees:
- Butter a baking dish. Add the macaroni, the mixture from the food processor, the shredded cheese, the onions and toss.
- Top with the bread crumbs a few pats of butter and grated Parmesan cheese and a little shredded cheese.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes; until slightly golden.