- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. of boneless chicken breast - sliced thin
- Ciabatta, sliced
- Small Town Cultures Fermented Jalapenos
- Small Town Cultures Fermented Red Onions
- Small Town Cultures Sauerkraut
- Small Town Cultures Turmeric Kimchi
Marinade for the chicken:
- 3 tsps. sugar
- 3 tsps. salt
- 3 tsps. ground black pepper
- 2 tsps. dried minced garlic
- 3 tsps. dried Mexican oregano
- 2 tsps. crushed red pepper
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs. fresh grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
For the chicken:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Mix and form into a paste like marinade.
- Rub each piece of chicken with the paste and place in a covered bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to over night.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large cast iron frying pan.
- Place a few slices of chicken on the heated pan or griddle.
- Allow the edges of the chicken to turn white then turn over and finish cooking on the other side. The cooking time will depend the thickness of the cutlet. Thin sliced cutlets should take about 4 minutes or so per side. The juices should run clear when the chicken is cooked through.
For the paninis:
- Preheat your panini grill to 350 F. degrees.
- Layer cheese, tomatoes, grilled chicken, and your desired Small Town Cultures fermented foods. Close the sandwich and brush the outside of the bread with mayonnaise.
- Carefully place the sandwich on the panini maker and press the lid down gently. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: paninis, sandwiches, grilled chicken