- Heat a large cast iron frying pan and place the sliced onions in the dry pan.
- Sprinkle the salt and the sugar over the onions.
- Let the onions cook until the onions become a golden color and slightly char. Set aside.
- In a small jar, combine the sliced jalapeno with the sweet relish. Set aside.
- Fire up your grill and quickly barbecue the watermelon wedges, peach halves, and corn if desired. Next grill up the franks. Finally, throw the hotdog bun on the hot grill to give them a slight toasting.
Place the franks in the buns and top with all your favorite toppings. Set them on a large board and serve alongside the grilled fruit, corn, and desired condiments. Enjoy!