- 8 tablespoons Plugrá® Butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1¼ cup AP flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Valrhona Chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese “Saigon” Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- In the bowl of a stand-mixer, combine butter and sugar and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until whipped.
- Add the flour, pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Mix on low speed until a soft dough comes together. Add the chopped chocolate and pulse until the chocolate is just incorporated.
- Turn the dough out onto a sheet of clingfilm and shape into a 12-inch log. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice 1/2-inch thick slices and place on the prepared baking sheets, at least one inch apart. Bake for about 10 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve & Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: dessert, cookies, shortbread, chocolate