- 2 lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp (20 – 25 shrimp per pound)
- 5 – 6 grated garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro – stems removed and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- Fresh lemon slices
For the Salad:
- Fresh watermelon – cut into chunks
- Fresh pineapple – cut into chunks
- 2 – 3 scallions – sliced fine
- 1 large jalapeno – grilled and diced with or without seeds
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro – stems removed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley – stems removed and roughly chopped
- 8 oz. of feta cheese – crumbled
- 12 oz. Sam’s Watermelon Jicama Salsa
For the Shrimp:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rub in a bowl.
- Pour over the shrimp and toss to ensure each shrimp is coated.
- Heat a large cast iron griddle.
- Brush the griddle with a bit of olive oil.
- Place the shrimp on the hot griddle and grill each side 2 – 3 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over and grill another 2 – 3 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque and have a nice golden color.
For the Salad:
- Combine the chopped scallions, jalapeno and herbs in a small bowl and toss.
- Spoon the watermelon and fresh pineapple in a medium bowl and toss with the herbs and scallions and the feta cheese.
- Pick and nice glass for presentation.
- Place a tablespoon of the Sam’s Watermelon Jicama Salsa at the bottom of the glass.
- Top the salsa a spoonful or two of the fruit combo.
- Repeat this process to the top of the glass.
- Place the grilled shrimp around the edge of the glass along with the fresh lemon slices.