- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 – 6 to 8 oz. chicken, breasts
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 12–15 Cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup dark chicken stock
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy skillet, heat canola oil on medium until oil starts to shimmer.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, add to skillet and sauté until they start to brown.
Turn over and brown other side. Chicken does not need to cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and place to the side.
- Add Vidalia onion to pan, sauté until onions begin to caramelize.
- Add mushrooms to pan and continue cooking until they are slightly browned.
- Add garlic and thyme, making sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add chicken stock and add chicken back to pan.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, until sauce has reduced and become thickened and chicken
reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove from stove and let the chicken rest 5-10 minutes.
- Plate chicken and coat with Vidalia onion and mushroom sauce, and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: chicken, vidalia onions, mushroom sauce