- 1 – 1 ½ lbs. of boneless chicken breast – sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
For the Sauce:
- 5 – 6 sun-dried tomatoes – sliced thin
- 1 bunch of scallions plus extra for garnish – sliced reserving 2 – 3 scallions to garnish over the top
- 1 ½ red onions – quartered
- 1 ½ bulbs of garlic – crushed
- 2 tomatoes – quartered
- 1/4 lemon – sliced thin
- ¼ cup wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley – stems removed and coarsely chopped
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 lb. of your favorite pasta
For the Topping:
- ½ Onion – quartered and grilled
- ½ bulb Garlic – crushed
- 8 oz. feta cheese – sliced
- 2 – 3 fresh scallions – sliced
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley – stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil – for drizzling
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan. Add the sliced chicken into the dry pan. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasonings
- Allow a nice golden color to be achieved on both sides and cooked through, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside while cooking the sauce.
- Place the quartered onion, crushed garlic, sliced scallions, sliced sun-dried tomatoes and quartered tomatoes in a bowl and toss.
- Place the tossed vegetables in the heated cast iron pan and allow to slightly char. Add a drizzle of olive oil, lemon slices and all of the seasonings and toss. Add the wine and toss and cook down for a minute or two.
- Add the grilled chicken into the sauce and toss.
- Turn the heat off and cover the pan loosely.
- Heat a small cast iron pan and place the ½ red onion and ½ blub of crushed garlic. Sprinkle with the sugar and salt. Cook until a nice char is achieved and then drizzle with a bit olive oil, then set aside.
- Prepare the pasta as directed.
- Lift the pasta, allowing it to drain a bit as you lift it, then place into the sauce and toss.
- Prepare a large platter with a drizzle of olive oil. Place the pasta on the prepared platter.
- Garnish with the feta cheese, fresh parsley, sliced scallion and the grilled ½ onion and ½ bulb of garlic, fresh ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: pasta, chicken, spaghetti, italian