Summer Salmon Salad featuring Yarden Wines
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 salmon filet 1x
- 2 1/4 lb. piece of salmon filet
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1 lime – quartered
- 1 large jalapeno – sliced with seeds
- Grilled corn on the cob – shaved from cob
For the Marinade:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 – 3 large cloves of garlic – grated
- 1 large jalapeno – sliced
- 3 tbs. of honey
- 1 tsp.of fresh ground sea salt
- 1 tsp. of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbs. of sesame oil
- 3 tbs. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro – chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a medium sized bowl and stir.
- Place the salmon filet in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the fish.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
For Cooking the Fish:
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with 1 – 2 tbs. of olive oil.
- Place the fish in the pan and pour the rest of the marinade over the fish.
- Loosely cover the pan and let the fish cook for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the salmon is slightly firm. Don’t over-cook it! Salmon should still look slightly pink in the center.
- Salmon will change from red to pink as it cooks. After about 10 – 12 minutes of cooking check for doness.
- Take a knife to the thickest part of the salmon and gently see if the meat is beginning to flake, but still has a little translucency in the middle, then it is done. The salmon should not look raw.
To Plate the Salmon:
- Place the ripped Romaine leaves on a platter.
- Place the cooked salmon in the middle and pour the drippings from the pan over the salmon.
- Shred the salmon by using 2 forks.
- Garnish with the lime wedges, shaved grilled corn, sliced jalapeno and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve immediately.