- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes – peeled and sliced very thin
- About a 3-inch piece of fresh ginger – peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 bunch of spring onions (scallions) – sliced thin
- 1 ½ tsp. of fresh ground sea salt
- 1 tsp. of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of sesame oil
- Wash the potatoes with cold water and pat dry. Peel the skin off the potatoes and slice them very thin.
- The key to slicing very thin is a good knife that is sharpened.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Slice the ginger very thin and add to the bowl and toss.
- Slice the spring onions very thin and add to the bowl and toss.
- Add the sugar, salt, black pepper and toss.
- Add the vinegar and sesame oil and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe should be made at least and hour ahead of serving so that the flavors will incorporate and become more delicious.
*Prep Time does NOT include Inactive Prep Time
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 4