- 8 - 9 lb. bone-in leg of lamb - scored
For the Rub:
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbs. capers plus tbs. of caper juice
- 1 1/2 inch piece of Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rub in a food processor and give a few good chops to form a paste.
- Score the fat of the leg of lamb with a sharp knife ¼ inch deep forming diamond shapes.
- Rub the lamb under and over with the rub mixture.
- Let the lamb rest at room temperature for 1 ½ to 2 hours before cooking.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees F.
- For a medium rare leg of lamb cook 20 minutes per pound.
- For medium-rare to medium doneness, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 135 degrees F.
- Let the lamb rest after it is taken out of the oven for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Prep Time does NOT include Inactive Prep Time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 8-10