- 15.5 oz. can of butter beans – rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz. can of red kidney beans – rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can of black beans – rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium size red onion – sliced thin
- 3 stalks of celery with leaves (the inner stalks) – chopped
- 3 – 4 tbs. of fresh Italian parsley – stems removed and chopped – and more for garnish
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 4 – 5 tbs. of olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- ground sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- Prepare rice as directed or in a rice cooker. Let the rice cool before combining it with the beans and other ingredients.
- Rinse and drain the beans in a colander. Be sure all of the water is drained.
- Combine in a a large bowl the drained beans, chopped celery, fresh Italian parsley, sliced onion and toss.
- Add the cooled rice and toss.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and toss.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Garnish with extra chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: salad, side dish, bean salad, rice salad