- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers plus juice
- Begin by trimming the chicken breast, then using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken into an even 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken breast.
- Heat a large frying pan with butter and oil. Once the butter has melted, sauté the chicken until golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Add more oil if needed. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel lined tray.
- Once the chicken is cooked, in the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the pan until the onion is translucent. Add the chicken stock and white wine. Let simmer until reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, and caper juice. Serve the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken, chicken piccata, dinner, main dish