- 1 lb. rigatoni or your favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon balm, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 3/4 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 lemon zested, for topping
- Shaved Parmesan, for topping
- 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Begin by toasting your walnuts in a small pan over medium high heat. Once the nuts are golden and toasted, remove promptly so they don’t burn. In the same pan, toast the breadcrumbs and olive oil until the breadcrumbs have turned a deep brown color. Toss together with the walnuts in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the pasta as directed.
- In a large cast iron pan, melt the butter down and continue to cook until it has browned. Add the chopped herbs, garlic, and onion. Once the onions are clear, season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss together with the sweet peas.
- Top with the toasted breadcrumb mixture, fresh lemon zest, and shaved Parmesan. Serve & enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: pasta, brown butter, main dish, dinner