- 3/4 cup stone ground white rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking soda (I always use Arm & Hammer)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon flax seed mixture* or xanthan gum
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped or mini dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Flax Seed Mixture:
- In a small pot, combine 1 part flax seed with 2 parts water. Bring the mixture to a simmer until thickened like gelatin. Remove from heat and transfer to a glass bowl. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together rice flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cornmeal and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and flax seed mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in three separate installments, until a sticky batter forms.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir again.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets if you wish for large cookies, or 1/2 tablespoon of dough for smaller cookies.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
*refer to instructions
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American