- 21/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 300g fresh or frozen blueberries, plus 1 tablespoons of flour to dust on berries
- Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oil, egg, milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Slowly add the liquid into the flour mix until just combined.
- In a small bow, coat the blueberries with a tablespoon of flour. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from Tea and Scones