This simple pasta dish is a cinch to make during the week and even more perfect for Sunday suppers. Enjoy!
“Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You’ll find what you need to furnish it – memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.” -Tad Williams
I’m not alone when I say that certain meals bring back memories. I believe a home-cooked meal is the strongest link we have to our memories, which is why cooking is so important to me.
Home is in the heart. It’s built by memories and bounded by love to endure the test of time.
I carry that with me each day. The values and traditions my parents instilled in me are passed down to my children, so they know that home is not a place or location – home is wherever you are with those you love.
Meals like this simple fettuccini dish bring me back home. It’s something my parents would have enjoyed sharing over a glass of wine in our small kitchen when I young.
As I prepared this meal for my family, I thought of them.
I started with an easy homemade tomato sauce flavored with fresh basil, anchovies, tuna, sweet raisins and a splash of red wine. It’s a wonderful variance of ingredients that bring this dish to life with a briny burst of flavor!
Simply toss with your favorite pasta and finish off with a grating of cheese.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 – 8 vine ripe tomatoes – quartered
- 2 oz. can of anchovies
- ½ red onion – sliced thin
- 4 cloves of garlic – crushed and chopped
- Handful of fresh basil leaves – ripped
- ¼ cup raisins – chopped
- 2 tbs. red wine
- 5 oz. can of solid white tuna in olive oil – drained
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. of your favorite fettuccine
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with 3 tbs. olive oil.
- Add the garlic, onions and tomatoes and gently simmer until the garlic is fragrant and the tomatoes soften.
- Add the anchovies, raisins, basil, red wine and seasonings and continue to gently simmer on a low heat.
- Add the tuna.
- Prepare the fettuccine as directed.
- Toss the fettuccine with the tomato sauce.
- Plate with a drizzle olive oil, grated cheese and red pepper flakes.
Enjoy with Love!