This Dark Chocolate Stout Cake is made with only a few simple ingredients. It’s rich with flavor, but incredibly light and moist all the same.
Welcome to the first #BundtBakers of 2016! To kick off the celebration we are sharing strange but good – weird flavor combinations.
While chocolate stout cake may be a well known and enjoyed concoction, it’s still an odd combination of flavors and I also wanted an excuse to try one 😉
Our delightful hostess, June of How to Philosophize with Cake is taking the reins this month and pushing our creativity to the limits.
Every month I always find myself at a crossroads. This time I was torn between stout and wine. My mind was blown when I came across my first wine cake because lets face it, a glass of bubbly and a piece of chocolate is just about the best thing since sliced bread.
I ultimately decided on a stout cake for two reasons, one of our lovely bloggers already had the wine and dessert category covered, and mom really wanted to try a stout cake.
I am so pleased I listened (it’s true all you young folks, moms are always right! 😉 )
As I described above, it rich but light, and utterly divine.
I did cheat a little bit and used a dark chocolate cake base, but kicked it up with some espresso powder and stout to give this sweet decadence a bold yet subtle undertone.
Whip one up this weekend and try it for yourself!
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
- Banana Bacon Bundt Cake by Liv For Cake
- Beet and Beer Red Velvet Bundt Cake by I Sugar Coat It
- Beet and Blood Orange Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Black Pepper and Red Wine Bundt Cake by Passion Kneaded
- Caramelized Pineapple Blue Cheese Corncake Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Banana Bacon Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Lemon Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Chocolate Liquorice Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Chocolate Potato Bundt Cake with Strawberry Glaze by Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Tomato Soup Bundt Cake by SpiceRoots
- Coconut and Rose Syrup Bundt Cake by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Coconut, Cardamom, and Orange Cake by Baking Yummies
- Dark Chocolate Beet Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Dark Chocolate Stout Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Junk Food Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Rosemary Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lovely Fields Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Mini Mayonnaise and Chocolate Bundt Cakes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Olive Oil Rosemary Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Orange Bourbon Rosemary Bundt Cake by The Spiced Life
- Peanut Butter Sour Cream Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Six Flavor Bundt by Making Miracles
- Sweet Potato and Marshmallow Bundt by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Triple Rum Black Pepper Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake