Between two layers of moist sour cream cake, are beautiful summer cherries soused in vodka. With a light streusel crust and simple vanilla drizzle, this seasonal treat is unbelievably simple to whip up in a pinch!
Yields 10 servings
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup full fat milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups Bing cherries, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup Sobieski Cherry Vodka
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of milk or 2 tablespoons cherry vodka syrup
- In a small bowl combine cherries, vodka, sugar and orange zest. Toss together and let sit for up to 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter, eggs, sugar, sour cream, milk, salt, and baking powder. Add flour in ¼ cup additions mixing on low until well combined. Pour about ½ of the syrup from the cherries into the batter. Mix again until incorporated.
- In a prepared bundt pan, pour 1/3 of the cake batter and spread evenly around the bottom of the pan with spatula. Spoon 1/3 of the cherries all over the first layer of batter. Repeat this process once more, ending with a final layer of cake batter. Be sure to reserve some cherries for garish if desired.
- In a small pan, melt butter with flour and sugars. Toss until a streusel forms. Scatter over the cake and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack and let cool for at least 30 minutes before transfer to a cake plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk up the icing and drizzle over bundt. Serve with reserved cherries or whipped cream.
To learn more about Sobieski Vodka visit their site.