It’s been a long quest…countless recipes, dozens of cookies baked, but alas, I finally have a cookie that is as soft and chewy and delicious as Entenmann’s- I kid you not, these cookies are just that good.So good in fact that they have made me a sinner, and have taken away any and all shred of humility I once had. I’ve broken part of my Lenten for these.
Were they worth it? Lord forgive me, but they were worth every chewy, chocolatey blissful moment.
They only lasted a day, if that, but they stayed just as soft as the moment they came out of the oven. Even the chocolate chips stayed soft. These will literally melt in your mouth.
Yields 2 dozen
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your mix master, blend sugars and eggs.
- Add vanilla, oil, margarine, and salt. Beat until a thick batter forms.
- Add flour one 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop about a teaspoon amount of cookie dough and flatten slightly onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until just the edges are slightly golden.
- Transfer immediately to a wire cooling rack.