Sometimes you just have to have a little fun, to enjoy and be thankful for the gifts given to us. Though, some days may seem longer and more difficult to navigate through as long as the ending is happy that is all that matters. When we see the faces we love then the ending is always happy.
- Taco shells
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 grilled jalapeño – chopped with seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1 quart of button mushrooms – sliced
- ½ cup Italian parsley – chopped
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes – quartered
- 15 oz. can of red kidney beans – drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese – your favorite
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Place the jalapeño in a frying pan with a small drizzle of olive oil and let it get charred on each side. Remove the jalapeño and chop.
- Heat a large 12 inch cast iron frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and add the sliced mushrooms, sliced onion, chopped jalapeño and chopped garlic. Let these veggies sauté until slightly caramelized.
- In a separate frying pan cook the ground beef. Drain the excess fat and add the ground beef to the sautéed veggies, along with the drained beans.
- Combine the spices and add to the pan.
- Heat the taco shells and serve with the shredded cheese.
Enjoy with Love,